MSDE-Office of Child Care M.A.T. Training (Individual or Private Group)
This Medication Administration Training is designed to meet the requirements of the Office of Child Care COMAR regulations. The intent is to address the needs of a childcare provider who administers medications to infants and children in programs regulated by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), Division of Early Childhood Development (DECD), Office of Child Care (OCC) . Successful completion requires passing knowledge and skills assessments. A course completion certificate is awarded to the individual who successfully completes the training.
What you will learn:
- Review and Identify COMAR regulations for medication administration in the childcare setting
- Demonstrate safe medication administration, storage, and disposal practices.
- Demonstrates competencies with safe medication administration procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of required OCC documentation practices.
- Demonstrate how to care for children with Asthma, Seizures, and Allergies and required action plans
- Discuss exclusion for ill or injured children based on national standards and recommendations
We offer Individual and Private Group Training
Individual Provider Training
A child care provider can join other providers on a Saturday morning in Germantown, Maryland for MAT Training by our approved OCC MAT Trainer.
The fee to register for an individual seat is only $45.00.
Private Group Training
This training is held onsite at a child care facility for groups of 3 students maximum of 12.
The flat fee for a private group training is only $450.00.
There is an additional charge of $20 to purchase the MAT Student Manual which can be purchased the day of class.